[Dspace-general] Link to item

Greg Johnson g-johnson2 at govst.edu
Mon Jun 1 17:47:15 EDT 2009

Since creating a direct link to an item seems to not be possible, is there a
way to create a smaller url to replace the much longer handle given to an
item?  We are looking to make simple, user friendly urls/handles for our
items that we are going to put into dspace.  Something like
dspace.govst.edu/nameoftheitem.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Greg

g-johnson2 at govst.edu