[Dspace-general] Link to item

Shane Beers sbeers at gmu.edu
Mon Jun 1 15:29:57 EDT 2009

I asked one of the developers this a few months back, and
unfortunately you cannot create a permanent URL to an item. You can
link directly to the bitstream in a NON permanent fashion, however.
When you hover over the link to the bitstream you can see the URL, and
right-click/copy link location or whatever your browser calls that
function. It will not be a permanent URL in the sense that it uses the
handle resolving system, however.

Hope this helps a bit.

Shane

--