[Dspace-general] file upload- error

Mark H. Wood mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Wed Jul 22 10:38:00 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 02:23:48PM +0530, Sudip Kundu wrote:
>         I have recently installed DSPACE 1.5 in opensuse. Installation was
> successful. But when I try to start submission, i am getting a internal
> system error in file upload step. Please suggest what to do in details since
> I am very new in this area.

The first thing to do is to find out what is happening, a little more
specifically than "internal system error".  That page exists to prompt
end users to come to *you* for help.  Both your servlet container
(Tomcat, or whatever you chose) and DSpace write detailed logs of
significant events such as this.  See if you can find the relevant log
entries.  They may be self-explanatory (such as a problem with the
permissions or free space in the upload area, which is what I
suspect).  If not, show us the log entries and we may be able to help.

Exactly where those log files are is installation-dependent.  You
should be able to find the Tomcat logs by examining its configuration,
and likewise for DSpace.

It would help a bit if you would tell us whether you are using the
JSPUI or XMLUI (or both).

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.