[Dspace-general] Wordle visualization of DSpace content

Robin Taylor robin.taylor at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 17 09:40:51 EDT 2009

Hi Bram,

More fluff for the 'fun on Friday' category - I was asked to generate a dynamic Wordcloud of search terms entered into our IR to be flashed up on a big screen in our library. If you interested you can see it at http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/searchQuery (** please use Mozilla as that's what its designed for). As a piece of 'art' its rubbish in comparison with what Wordle can produce, the only interesting thing to come out of the exercise for me was the discovery that 99% of our searches come from federated search engines rather than being entered directly via the UI.

Cheers, Robin.

Robin Taylor
Main Library
University of Edinburgh
Tel. 0131 6513808

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.