[Dspace-general] ICAL 2009 PROMINENT INTERNATIONAL SPEAKERS

Rajesh Singh rajeshzone29 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jul 3 07:03:26 EDT 2009

Dear Professional Colleagues,

It gives me immense pleasure to announce that Delhi University Library System of the University of Delhi has taken the responsibility to host an International Conference on Academic Libraries involving large number of professionals from India and abroad. The papers for conference is being accepted and registration is open.

The objective of the conference is to reposition the Academic Libraries by taking advantage of modern developments in the field of ICT; management techniques including change management; scholarly communications; advocacy; user-vendor-librarians interface etc. and develop a ROAD MAP which can be used by the governmental agencies for upgrading the library systems in India. We have developed a document having the conceptual framework which provides a framework on how various facets are conceived.

We expect a professional gathering of about 1000 experts from India and abroad for almost four days with dates being October 5-8, 2009 at the Delhi University Conference Venue through several parallel sessions and tutorials.

I have already informed about the prominent speakers of the conference. Many more speakers have given their consent. Given below is the complete list.

PROMINENT SPEAKERS

The Conference will notice galaxy of internationally known experts who will deliver their key note address on varient topics. They are:

1. Prof. Joyce, Chao-chen Chen
Professor, Graduate Institute of Library and Information Studies
Universtiy Librarian
National Taiwan Normal University

2. Prof. Jim O'Donnell
Professor of Classics
Provost
Georgetown University, USA

3. Dr. Ellen R. Tise
Senior Director, Library and Information Services
JS Gericke Library University of Stellenbosch
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch 7599 SOUTH AFRICA

4. Prof. David F. Kohl
Dean and University Librarian, Emeritus
University of Cincinnati
2929 Courtropes Lane
Cincinnati, OH 45244

5. Prof. Gobinda Chowdhury
Professor of Information & Knowledge Management
University of Technology Sydney
PO Box 123 Broadway
NSW 2007 Australia

6. Dr. Susan McGlamery
Director, QuestionPoint Programs
6565 Kilgour Place
Dublin, OH 43017-3395 USA

7. Dr. Jens Vigen, CERN
Chief Scientific Information Officer
Phone: + 41 22 767 2410
E-mail: jens.vigen at cern.ch
Postal address: CERN, CH1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland
Web: http://library.cern.ch & http://www.scoap3.org

8. Prof. Carol Tenopir
Chancellor's Professor
School of Information Sciences
Director of Research and
Director of the Center for Information and Communication Studies
College of Communication and Information
University of Tennessee
451 Communications Bldg., 1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-0341 USA
(865) 974-7911
FAX: (865) 974-7878
ctenopir at utk.edu

9. Dr. Gaby Divay
Archives & Special Collections
UManitoba Archives
332E, Bldg Dafoe
Winnipeg
Manitoba R3T 2N2
CANADA
Tel. 474 6483 ; Fax 7913 ; gaby_divay at umanitoba.ca
http://www.umanitoba.ca/libraries/units/archives/collections/fpg/

10. Dr. Janice R. Lachance
Chief Executive Officer
SLA
331 South Patrick Street
Alexandria, VA 22314 USA

11. Dr. Kiran Kaur
Lecturer
Dept.of Information Science
Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
UNIVERSITY OF MALAYA, Malaysia
Tel: 603-79676402
Fax: 603-79579249
kiran at um.edu.my

12. Prof. John Dolan
Head of Library Policy
Museums, Libraries and Archives Council
Grosvenor House
14 Bennetts Hill
Birmingham
B2 5RS UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 345 7300
Fax: +44 (0)121 345 7303

13. Prof. Dr. Ursula Georgy
Cologne University of Applied Sciences
Faculty of Information and Communication Sciences
Institute of Information Science
Cologne, Germany
Tel.: 0221/ 8275-3922
E-mail: ursula.georgy at fh-koeln.de

14. Dr. Hazel Woodward
University Librarian and Director of Cranfield Press
Cranfield University,
Cranfield,
Bedfordshire.
MK43 0AL.
hazel.woodward at cranfield.ac.uk
+44 (0) 1234 754446

MANY MORE PROMINENT SPEAKERS FROM INDIA AND ABROAD ARE EXPECTED

For more details please visit:

http://library.du.ac.in/ocs
or
http://crl.du.ac.in/ical09

For all querries and further details, please contact:

    ICAL 2009 Conference Secretariat
Dr. S. Majumdar, Organising Secretary, ICAL
C/o University Librarian, Central Library, University of Delhi
New Delhi - 110 007, India
Phone - 91-11-27666034, 27667848 or 24682100 Fax - 91-11-27666034 E-mail: ical2009.os at gmail.com

with regards

 Rajesh Singh