[Dspace-general] Repeatable dc-elements?

Yuri yuricardenas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:01:53 EDT 2009

Hi, Claudia. Thank you for answering.
I got that. But there's some gap I can't understand. I'll give you an
example to (try to) explain why it doesn't make sense:

Below, two fields from one of my forms:

<field>
          <dc-schema>dc</dc-schema>
          <dc-element>subject</dc-element>
          <dc-qualifier/>
          <repeatable>true</repeatable>
          <label>Subject</label>
          <input-type>onebox</input-type>
          <hint/>
          <required/>
 </field>

<field>
          <dc-schema>dc</dc-schema>
          <dc-element>subject</dc-element>
<dc-qualifier/>
          <repeatable>false</repeatable>
          <label>Keywords</label>
          <input-type>onebox</input-type>
          <hint/>
          <required/>
</field>

The first is the subject of the item itself. The other one is for the
keywords' field. I can't merge them into a single repeatable field, once
they have different meanings.

So, how am I supposed to solve this, considering I can't have duplicated
elements? Dublin Core and Dspace wouldn't limit the number of metadata, of
fields, would them?

Well, maybe I could insert a qualifier for each element. But the official
DC's qualifiers list* doesn't include as many qualifiers as I need. Can I
write (create) any qualifier I want? Or is there any other solution I'm not
figuring out?

Yuri Gomes Cardenas

* http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/qualifiers.shtml