[Dspace-general] register new user in DSpace problem

Vijay Shrestha shresthavijay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 00:16:16 EST 2009

Dear Mark,
I went through  catalina.log and catalina.out  as you mentioned but I could
not find such things related to my problem. Only I need is to to *register
new user to login into DSpace*. The error I mentioned earlier on where
"contact us" relate to DSpace administrator who configured and installed
system. Here in this case I configured and installed so my email address is
given as administrative email address.

2009/2/25 Mark H. Wood <mwood at iupui.edu>

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 03:50:41PM +0545, Vijay Shrestha wrote:
> > Once again I have query about DSpace. In DSpace, I tried to register new
> > user in order to maintain different collection as my institution is
> holding
> > different digital collections and each collection is assigned to
> different
> > person. But I am not able to add new user. The DSpace shows internal
> error
> > while registering new user. The error is as below
> > "Internal System Error
> > The system has experienced an internal error. Please try to do what you
> were
> > doing again, and if the problem persists, please contact us so we can fix
> > the problem."
>
> That message can be confusing.  Where it says, "contact us", what it
> means is that the user should contact *you*, the person in charge of
> the application.  The message is for end users, and seems to be meant
> to be soothing rather than detailed.
>
> I'd suggest looking in the servlet container's log files for more
> information.  In the case of Tomcat, catalina.log and catalina.out are
> the files I would inspect.  If you find something related to the
> problem, but it is unclear or you are uncertain how to proceed, we're
> all here to help.
>
> > I went through the DSpace manual as well. I did not find the location of
> > xmlui.user.registration in configuration file.
>
> I find it about 15 lines below the heading "XMLUI SPECIFIC
> CONFIGURATIONS", but this is just a Properties file, so you can code
> it anywhere.  This is probably not related to your present problem,
> however.
>
> --
> Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
> Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.

With Regards,
Vijay Kumar Shrestha