[Dspace-general] Internal Error submiting item

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 18 07:56:49 EST 2009

Hi Miguel,

this is due to missing escape quotations in some jsp's. The bug has been
fixed meanwhile:

It occurs in:
[dspace-source]/dspace-jspui/dspace-jspui-webapp/src/main/webapp
/help/format.jsp
/submit/edit-metadata.jsp
/submit/review.jsp
/submit/show-uploaded-file.jsp
/upload-file-list.jsp

You can either get the corrected jsp's from 1.5.x
or insert the missing escape quotations, e.g.:
[dspace-source]/dspace-jspui/dspace-jspui-webapp/src/main/webapp/submit/
edit-metadata.jsp

<dspace:popup page="<%= LocaleSupport.getLocalizedMessage(pageContext,
"help.index") + "#describe2"%>"

just espcape the quotations

<dspace:popup page="<%= LocaleSupport.getLocalizedMessage(pageContext,
\"help.index\") + \"#describe2\"%>"><fmt:message
key="jsp.submit.edit-metadata.help"/>

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen