[Dspace-general] LNI for DSpace 1.5.1

Luis Galárraga shamantobi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:17:38 EST 2009

Dear developers:

My name is Luis Galárraga and I am the author and leader developer of the
project J!Research (http://joomla-research.com), a Joomla extension aimed to
organize research related work like publications, projects and degree
theses. The department where I work (http://cti.espol.edu.ec) is using
J!Research for a project.  University internal policies require this project
to integrate with the DSpace repository set up by the university. Our plan
is to integrate project J!Research with DSpace, however the scope of that
integration needs to be discussed in more detail.

I have successfully installed DSpace in my Ubuntu 8.10 machine but had
trouble when trying to install LNI for 1.5.1. I read instructions in
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/LightweightNetworkInterface but honestly I
have no idea on how to install this extension. My goal is to test LNI SOAP
interface with a PHP client as J!Research is written entirely in this
language. Could anybody provide me some help to achieve this? It is not the
first time posting in this list. Any clue will be really appreciated. Thanks
in advance.

Best regards,
Luis Galárraga