[Dspace-general] DSpace online community event: Outstanding issues for 1.6 - Tuesday 25th August 2009 6PM GMT

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Aug 20 05:10:25 EDT 2009

Dear DSpace community member:

In preparation for the release of DSpace version 1.6, we are going to hold
an online event to evaluate the outstanding issues in our JIRA issue
tracking system:

 - http://jira.dspace.org/

In JIRA there are some items that are out of date or out of scope. We want
to ensure that only relevant and currently outstanding bugs, issues and
patches are included in JIRA. The community is going to hold a
Œminute-madness¹ session where we look at each JIRA issue for no more than 1
minute, to decide whether it should be kept or discarded. If it is going to
be kept, then we will look for volunteers to work with that issue to bring
it to completion. New contributors to the DSpace platform are very welcome,
and this is a good way to get involved!

The meeting will be held online in our IRC channel. For details, and
instructions on how to access this from a web browser, see:

 - http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpaceResources#IRC_channel

The meeting will be held at 6pm GMT (2PM EDT / 11AM PDT / 6AM 26th August
NZST) on Tuesday 25th August 2009.

All users of DSpace are invited, encouraged and welcome to attend.

In preparation ­ if you have any outstanding issues, bug reports, or patches
that are not yet in JIRA, please enter them into JIRA in the couple of days.
If you have any issues that are currently marked as Œopen¹ in JIRA and which
are still relevant, please place a comment in JIRA saying this as it will
help us in the meeting. Even if you are not the submitter of issues in JIRA,
we would still encourage you to create an account and vote for issues that
are important to you. This will help us to channel our resources in the most
effective way.

If you have any questions about this, please direct them to myself or to one
of the DSpace email lists.

Your input to this process and meeting is greatly appreciated.

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/