[Dspace-general] dSpace Implementation

Karen Lynn Woods kwoods at bgsu.edu
Mon Apr 13 13:37:17 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,
I've been looking into open source software for our Digital Asset Management system - and found dSpace.  The software appears to cover all our needs, but I will have to present compelling evidence to my management team. What can you tell me about this product?

-          How long was your installation?

-          Were you converting from another system?

-          How many FTE to install?

-          Are you satisfied with the software's stability?

-          Since anyone can recommend changes, have any been a problem for you?

-          How would you describe the software? I'm looking for a few eloquent phrases to use in my proposal.
Thank you for your time and advice,
Karen

Karen L. Woods
Bowling Green State University