[Dspace-general] digital image collections

Mark H. Wood mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Thu Apr 2 15:38:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 07:58:10AM -0500, Dorothea Salo wrote:
> 2009/4/2 Joachim Räth <j.raeth at stadtteilgeschichten.net>:
> > A central source for open DSpace Manakin themes would therefor be greatly
> > appreciated.
>
> I agree, and have for some time... but to get forward motion on this,
> best to bring it forward on the dspace-tech list. If we could get a
> small flash mob together asking for this, it might actually happen. :)
> Just me asking for it (as I have, several times) is unlikely to
> accomplish anything, as I am a notorious annoyance.

Well, some of us cherish notorious annoyances, because they remind us
of things that are important.

But what is more likely to accomplish something than any person asking,
is one person doing.  All it takes is one person with one
well-understood theme or snippet to trade and a few minutes to create
a page on the wiki.

Don't worry if you aren't sure what the page should look like.
Someone will come along and polish it; someone will come along and
organize it when it's filled out a bit.  The important thing is to
capture your knowledge and invite others to build on it.  I'd start
the page myself if I had anything to put in it....

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood at IUPUI.Edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.