[Dspace-general] Call for Translations

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Sep 12 11:39:05 EDT 2008

Hi all,

first of all thanx to all who took the time and effort and provided
translations of DSpace.

Now with 1.5.1 released it is a good time to call for updates on
existing translations.

To ease this process I've  started creating lists of tags to be
translated  from the current version of the translations to 1.5.1 in the
lists of available translations, see

http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/I18nSupport#Available_translations_of_Messages.properties_for_JSP-UI
or
http://tinyurl.com/5yfrb6

For the existing 1.5 translations (Czech, Portugues, Welsh) there is not
much to do, just 3 new tags to be translated.

Furthermore if you start working on a complex update or a new
translation please spread news through the lists and add your work in
progress to the wiki. Thus other can join the effort.

There are still some translations lingering in the Patch Queue.

Italian
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1984513&group_id=19984&atid=319984

Spanish
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1839429&group_id=19984&atid=319984

Arabic
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1776843&group_id=19984&atid=319984

We can and did check the translations formally, but native speakers are
needed here for content checks.

Have a nice Weekend

Claudia Jürgen