[Dspace-general] Access control in DSpace

Francis, Ronee L r.francis at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Oct 27 13:27:41 EDT 2008

Dspace community:

I need some help setting up a collection with limited access to
bitstreams within each item. Each item within a collection would contain
one primary bitstream that is publically accessible and other bitstreams
what would contain the wording "Permission required from XXX Library"
and be restricted. I see how I can limit access to each bitstream
through the Item's Authorizations. However, I would like to make it easy
on the library staff by allowing them to add the researcher to a group
so they will then be able to access all the restricted bitstreams in one
collection.

Do bitstream restrictions have to be controlled item by item or can they
be controlled on a collection level? If yes, how do I set up the
collection where specific researchers can be given access to restricted
bitstreams within a collection?

Ronee

********************************
DiscoverArchive - Be Discovered!
http://DiscoverArchive.Vanderbilt.edu
*******************
Ronee L. Francis
Digital Collections Archivist
Vanderbilt University
Special Collections & University Archives
419 21st Ave. South
Nashville, TN  37203-2437
(615) 322-2807 - General/messages
(615) 343-2186 Direct