[Dspace-general] DSpace Repository Mgr Mtg on 11/19

Valorie Hollister val at dspace.org
Fri Oct 10 12:41:57 EDT 2008

Based on feedback from the recent survey, we will be holding a DSpace
repository manager meeting following SPARC -- on Wednesday, November
19 from 8am until noon. We are currently working on putting together
the program based on the top vote getters on the survey:

1) Manakin training - what is the potential and how can I use it

2) Community Requirement Discussions - review/discuss the weekly chats
led by Dorothea Salo

3) Birds of a Feather - specific topics/questions of interest

Please send me any suggestions for specific topics/areas of interest
for the BoF session -- or if you have knowledge or experience that you
believe may be helpful to others, please let me know.

Valorie Hollister
Community Outreach Manager
DSpace Foundation

I will contact Art.  I would get the agenda out- but lets make sure we
have Tim and Dorthea to cover topics 1and 2 and I would put a draft
agenda together such as:
8-9:30am  Manakin Training -what is the potential for your repository,
and how you can use it
9:45-10:45  Community requirements discussion
10:45-11:45 BOF sessions(or barcamp session) around predefined topics
of interest to the team- such as copyright, ect...

Michele