[Dspace-general] Bulk upload facility

Hutchinson, Alvin HUTCHINSONA at si.edu
Wed Nov 12 12:40:25 EST 2008

Shahank-
I have created some scripts to:

1) break an xml file into several dublin_core.xml files with appropriate
headers
2) create a specified number of sub-directories and copy the
dublin_core.xml files to each corresponding directory
3) copy the associated digital objects to the corresponding directories
4) create a contents text file listing the digital objects

I would put it on the Dspace wiki but it really needs work. The script
is not well documented and customized to my own personal workflow but I
can send it to you for your own modification. One of these days I'll
clean it up.

It is written for the Unix bash shell.

Alvin Hutchinson
Smithsonian Institution Libraries