[Dspace-general] Varying license text per item in a collection

Stuart Lewis [sdl] sdl at aber.ac.uk
Sat May 31 09:38:05 EDT 2008

Hi Randy,

> We have a requirement for our upcoming repository for scholarly journal
> articles to maintain information about the license granted at the item
> level rather than the collection level. In addition to modifying the
> license submission screen, we need to decide how to store this information.
> If DSpace supported dc.rights.license as a metadata field, that would be a
> logical place to store this information. However, it does not appear to be
> supported, so we are considering using dc.rights. But that's a possibly
> ambiguous use of that unqualified field.

You should be able to add the dc.rights.license field by using the metadata
registry editor. Log in to DSpace as an administrator, go to the
administrate menu, and select Metadata Registry. Then select Dublin Core,
and then use the option of adding a new field.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860