[Dspace-general] Varying license text per item in a collection

Randy Stern randy_stern at harvard.edu
Fri May 30 14:53:42 EDT 2008

We have a requirement for our upcoming repository for scholarly journal
articles to maintain information about the license granted at the item
level rather than the collection level. In addition to modifying the
license submission screen, we need to decide how to store this information.
If DSpace supported dc.rights.license as a metadata field, that would be a
logical place to store this information. However, it does not appear to be
supported, so we are considering using dc.rights. But that's a possibly
ambiguous use of that unqualified field.

I was wondering if anyone else has already implemented a solution for this
problem, and if so how you went about it.

Randy Stern
Manager of Systems Development
Harvard University Library Office for Information Systems
90 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel. +1 (617) 495-3724
Email <randy_stern at harvard.edu>