[Dspace-general] multiple versions of a document in DSpace

Bram Luyten bram at mire.be
Thu May 22 07:25:27 EDT 2008

Dear Mr Williams,

in short: DSpace has no extensive support for versioning. Although it is
possible to upload several bitstreams per bibliographic record, there is no
"out of the box" functionality to have metadata per bitstream.

We had the same question from one of our clients, for who we implemented a
way of "status management" in DSpace.
If users mark their submissions as "submitted", they will have the
possibility to modify some fields, and upload additional files, until they
mark the item as "published", after which it can no longer be modified by
regular users.

If you're interested in this, I could make you a screencast, illustrating
this proces further in detail.
Versioning has been a hot topic for many DSpace users, it is very likely to
be included in future releases.

with kindest regards,

Bram Luyten

--