[Dspace-general] Statistics showing downloads/views/countries

Shawna Sadler ssadler at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jun 4 12:19:14 EDT 2008

We have had wonderful feedback from our faculty about the Stats package
we installed from the University of Minho
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php//StatisticsAddOn

They LOVE to see how many people have viewed the record, downloaded the
file and where in the world the viewer is coming from. Some have told me
they are including this info in their annual reports as well.

Here is an example from our Dspace:
https://dspace.ucalgary.ca/stats?level=item&type=access&page=downviews-series&object-id=1880/45228

I would encourage others to install this stats package and in my opinion
it should be part of the standard download.
Shawna

--
Shawna Sadler
TFDL Technology Coordinator