[Dspace-general] storage of full-text outside DSpace

Janssens Karen Karen.Janssens at ua.ac.be
Tue Jun 3 08:00:04 EDT 2008

Hello

Does anyone have experience with using DSpace only as a 'publication and
distribution platform' providing the metadata and links to the
full-textitems, while those full-textitems are stored not within the
DSpace repository but on a different location. We are considering this
approach at our institution to have more control on the storage of the
full-texts. Would there be serious reasons to discourage this approach?
An so yes, why?

Also if you have no personal experience but know of institutions doing
somethin like this, I'd be very interested to have the reference.

Many thanks in advance!

Karen

--
Karen Janssens