[Dspace-general] Limiting Access in Dspace

Stuart Lewis sdl at aber.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 01:32:13 EDT 2008

Hi Mila,

> In IRRI, we have just started populating our DSpace repository.  One problem
> that comes up is limiting access to full text copyrighted materials to
> on-campus staff only.  How can we do this?  Any help that you cen extend would
> be most welcome.

As well as the options already suggested, you could consider using 'IP
authentication'. This authentication option examines the IP address of the
user to decide what privileges to grant them. Privileges can be granted to
users of computers on-campus.

See: http://www.dspace.org/images/onepointfivedocs/dspacemanual_15_may.zip

IP authentication is detailed at the bottom of page 90.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860