[Dspace-general] Limiting Access in Dspace

Bram Luyten bram at mire.be
Mon Jun 2 03:08:13 EDT 2008

Hello Mila,

different options would be possible, but one way to implement it, would be
to limit e-person registration to on-campus staff. In a second step, you can
limit access to files to logged-in users only.
Of course, if you have strong motivations for allowing non-staff members to
create an account with your DSpace, you'll need another solution. Thinking
in this direction, it could be useful to extend e-person with an attribute,
indicating the difference between on-campus staff, and other e-persons.

with kindest regards,

Bram Luyten

--
@mire NV