[Dspace-general] Stats

John Furfey jfurfey at mbl.edu
Fri Jan 4 15:37:47 EST 2008

Hello,

We've been experiencing some problems with our statistics for a while
now.  Here are a few symptoms:

1.  General report only shows about 10 weeks of data, keeps cutting
off the older stuff
2.  Monthly reports follow this pattern, as only the most recent 3
months have data, the rest show all zeros
3.  Presently, our general report cuts off at 12/30, no 2008 data
4.  Monthly report for 1/2008 is all zeros, with the exception of the
'Archive Information' section

The systems administrator who set up this installation, has since
moved on, and we're trying to get our stats back on track.  Two
questions:

1.  I notice that in addition to stat-monthly, stat-general, stat-
report-monthly & stat-report-general running as a cron each night,
stat-initial & stat-report-initial are also running each night.
Should these initial jobs be running each night?

2.  At this point would it be best to just rebuild statistics as if
we were bringing up a new installation?  All log data would be
preserved, just the reports would be overwritten, correct?

Thanks for any advice.

John Furfey
Digital Systems and Services Coordinator
MBLWHOI Library
Woods Hole MA  02543 USA
PHONE:  508-289-7435
EMAIL:  jfurfey at mbl.edu