[Dspace-general] External Submission Form

Martin Courtois courtois at ksu.edu
Fri Feb 29 09:36:09 EST 2008

The advent of SWORD will probably change all this, but is anyone using,
at this time, a submission form external to DSpace?

At Kansas State University, we've used the DSpace submission process for
our ETDs, but as we talk with faculty about creating collections of
their scholarly output, they like the idea of a very simple submission
form, such as this one:

http://labs.lib.ksu.edu/repo/uploadForm.shtml

We wanted to avoid having users go through the DSpace registration
process and to see if a simple, single screen submission form would
encourage faculty to submit.  Since we expect a low number of
submissions, our plan is to have library staff review each submission
and create a full metadata record. I'd be interested to hear if others
have considered this approach.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Marty

Martin Courtois
Information Technology Assistance Center
212 Hale Library
Kansas State University
Manhattan KS 66506
Phone: 785 532-4428