[Dspace-general] user group meetings and training

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Tue Feb 26 14:36:28 EST 2008

Hi Eric,

There are several meetings and trainings coming up.  You can find them
all listed with more detail on the website at www.dspace.org, there is
a calender right on the home page where we try to keep track of all
pertinent DSpace related activities.

Here are some key ones to consider:
-The next DSpace user group meeting is in Southhampton, UK April 3,4
It is part of the OR2008 meeting, so there will be many people and
presentations regarding repositories.  However there is 1.5 days
dedicated to a DSpace user group meeting
-There will also be a meeting April 27-April 30 in Minnesota sponsored
by JA-SIG  "Open source solutions for higher education"  During the
Sunday-there will be DSpace training on 1.5 and designing with Manakin
( for the developer community).
-There is also another technical and user training planned at JCDL
upcoming in Pittsburgh in June 2008.

You can also find training materials to get you started on DSpace at
our website at:
http://www.dspace.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=61&Itemid=151

NITLE also offers training on a regular basis geared toward repository
managers and administrators.  If you are a member of NITLE you can
participate and we are working with them to see if they will allow
members of the community to join in.

Hope that helps as a start!

Michele

Begin forwarded message: