[Dspace-general] DSpace 1.5 release roadmap

Scott Phillips scott.a.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 23:07:04 EST 2008

Everyone,

Good news, we're on track for the phase in the beta1 release scheduled
for tomorrow. There is one more patch waiting to be applied, the
documentation has seen lots of improvements - although there is still
more needed. We have had both successful fresh installs and more
importantly upgrades from 1.4.2 -> 1.5 -- and the process has been
documented. All the major features have been tested so there are no
show-stopper bugs for the test-a-thon next week.

I wanted to remind everyone about our beta1 test-a-thon scheduled for
next week. I hope as many people as possible will be able to find some
time to find a few bugs in the new release. This is a huge release, so
there are sure to be plenty to find.

If you are planning on hosting a test instance so that others can test
the DSpace interface could you please send out details on where it
will be hosted? Since there are multiple interfaces with this release
jspui, and several manakin themes, it would be nice to have a few
options. Even if you are not in a position to let others login as
administrators just a publicly viewable repository is helpful.

Thank you,
Scott--