[Dspace-general] 1.5 release plan

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Mon Feb 11 14:23:34 EST 2008

I apologize if this was posted to the general list already- a message
from Scott Phillips, 1.5 release manager.
Michele Kimpton

DSpace Community,

We have seen lots of progress lately to move us more towards the
DSpace 1.5 release but there is still more to do. The major road
blocks that have been a challenge to over come with this release is
the documentation. Looking over the state of things today, there is
still work to be done. Although the basic documentation is present --
a system administrator can follow the directions and install a fresh
copy of DSpace -- there is still some work to do documenting the
upgrade process.However I do not feel that should prevent us from
moving forward at this time.

Our road map for the next release of DSpace is:
2/13 -- Release Beta 1
2/18 through 2/22 -- DSpace 1.5 test-a-thon
3/10 -- Release Beta 2
3/24 -- Release DSpace 1.5
4/1 -- Open Repositories 2008

I very much hope that as many people as possible are able to find some
time during the the week of the 18th to give the beta release a test.
During this period please help out by testing out the new - and old -
features of dspace plus contribute to the available documentation both
in the manual and on the wiki.

Scott--