[Dspace-general] Question one: What's working and what isn't?

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 18 09:24:41 EDT 2008

Greetings, DSpace community,

I've heard enough encouragement to keep on with my plans for an
informal, qualitative information-gathering on DSpace development. So
let's get started!

This week's question (based on Q21 from the 2006 survey) is about
DSpace's existing functionality. Please offer one to three existing
DSpace features that you believe work well in your situation, then
offer one to three existing features that you believe need
improvement. Feel free to explain your answers at length! Also, please
let us know which version of DSpace you are running.

Housekeeping:

- Please respond to the dspace-general list, or to me directly.
DSpace-tech has a 1.5.1 beta to talk about, and I don't want to derail
that very important conversation!
- Please respond before reading or answering other responses!
- I will summarize off-list responses to dspace-general no later than Friday.

I have set up a Meebo Room at
<http://www.meebo.com/room/DSpaceDevelopment/> for live-chat
discussion of the weekly topic. I am currently planning to run an
hourlong chat at 9 am CT Wednesday (10 am ET, 3 pm GMT). You do not
need to sign up with Meebo to participate. You do, however, need the
room password, which is "dspace" (no quotes) -- this isn't for
security, just an anti-random-troll measure.

Thanks in advance to all participants.

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493