[Dspace-general] DSpace 1.5.1-beta Release

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 15 13:27:19 EDT 2008

Dear DSpace Community,

We are pleased to announce the release of DSpace 1.5.1 beta.

This beta is primarily a bug fix release incorporating numerous bug
fixes and enhancements. Refer to the

http://wiki.dspace.org/CurrentReleaseToDo

and SVN history for details on these modifications.

http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/changelog/dspace/branches/dspace-1_5_x?
todate=1218776345558

The final release of 1.5.1 should be out before the end of August.
We request that community members interested in testing the beta
release please download it and verify that they can complete upgrade
and fresh installation. We request that the svn branch be frozen
until we do complete the final release, if developers do have further
fixes, please request their addition through the developers list
before moving forward with SVN commits.

The documentation for this release is bundled within the package.

DSpace 1.5.1 beta can be downloaded from the files area at

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?
group_id=19984&package_id=143548&release_id=619910

or with SVN from

http://dspace.svn.sf.net/svnroot/dspace/tags/dspace-1_5_1-beta/

Please use the mailing lists to provide feedback on this release.

Those wishing to do development work with DSpace are strongly
encouraged to obtain the source code using SVN. This is very
straightforward and a guide to doing this is available here: http://
wiki.dspace.org/ContributionGuidelines

We would also like to take this opportunity to invite you all to take
part in the DSpace development process. Extra developer hands are
always welcome, but there are other ways you can help:

- Test the system and report bugs
- Provide documentation (for end users and institutions, as well as
   technical)
- Provide or update language packs
- Share your deployment experiences
- Donate content and metadata for testing and research
- Share your technical experience and ideas

Please visit the DSpace Wiki to see the various resources and
collaboration tools available to the DSpace community: http://
wiki.dspace.org/DspaceResources

Sincerely,
Mark Diggory

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Developer and Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Home Page: http://purl.org/net/mdiggory/homepage