[Dspace-general] Upgrade to 1.5 probs

Munro, LG, Mr <munrol@sun.ac.za> munrol at sun.ac.za
Wed Apr 23 09:35:41 EDT 2008

Hello,

We managed to do a fresh install 1.5 successfully without the issues
mentioned below, thus a stable and solid system.

But whilst testing the upgrading process, we encountered a few issues.
I am also following/proofreading the dspace manual, so I am pretty sure
I am not missing anything.

We sucessfully ran the SQL indexing update scripts for upgrading our
Dspace 1.3.2 installation to 1.4 and then to 1.5, but noticed the
following:

*        the additional Bit Stream Registries that are included with
1.5, are not in our PostgreSQL database
(we know there are 73 Bit Stream registries because we did a separate
test install of 1.5).
It seems these additional rows in the Postgres database are not included
in the update sql scripts like they
are present in the create database schema sql scripts for fresh
installations.

*        In addition, we receive internal errors on the following links:

o       Titles search/sort

o       Item Issue indexes don't work with our upgraded data, but they
do work on the fresh install

o       Withdrawn Items

In regard to the SQL problem we need to know if we have missed
something, or is an additional step omitted from the upgrade
instructions?  If not either, how does one go about updating your
tables?  We are also confident that the other issues are sql related,
especially withdrawn items, which should be empty...

Trust to hear from the community,

Regards,

Laurence