[Dspace-general] SMTP server causing internal error when trying to register new user

Shomorony, Ilan ilan at WPI.EDU
Tue Apr 15 02:57:47 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Whenever I try to register a new user in DSpace I get an "Internal Error" message, and when I check the log file, it seems to have to do with the SMTP server. Would a bad SMTP mail server configuration cause this kind of error?
In the config file, for mail.server I have simply localhost, but do I need to specify anything else (like the port)? Or is the cause of the problem something else?

Thanks a lot,

Ilan