[Dspace-general] DSpace for Museums

Joachim Räth j.raeth at stadtteilgeschichten.net
Tue Apr 8 10:53:38 EDT 2008

Dear DSpace community,

does anybody out there deploy DSpace as an IR in the museum field?

If you have to report advantages and disadvantages of using DSpace in
the context of the Arts, I would be quite interested in as many
details as possible. Your answers will influence the decision-making
process of a network of German museums contemplating the use of DSpace
for their needs.

There are two questions of special importance:

1) In which way do the DC elements adapt to the description of objets
d'art?

2) And to which format (e.g. CDWA Lite) are you mapping for metadata
harvesting?

You may reply directly to my email adress at
j.raeth(at)stadtteilgeschichten.net

If anyone takes interest in some kind of resumee, I would be glad to
provide you with.

Thank you in advance

Joachim Raeth

Joachim Raeth M.A.
stadtteilgeschichten.net
The Digital Repository for Neighbourhood Histories of Hamburg