[Dspace-general] DSpace costs

Renata Arovelius Renata.Arovelius at adm.slu.se
Thu Oct 11 07:19:06 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

We, here in Sweden, are about to establish a joint digital university
archive with DSpace as a technical platform. We carried out two pilot
projects and tested functional preservation of scientific data within this
repository, made some adjustments and found solutions for database
migration. We suggest a "top community model" with defined Dspace structure
and roles. -

If you have your own experience of running a digital repository for
scientific and research data, in first place, with DSpace, could you please
provide me with some information about costs of running this system, how
many people involved etc.?

Thanks!

Best regards

/Renata Arovelius