[Dspace-general] dspace email feature not working

Stuart Lewis [sdl] sdl at aber.ac.uk
Thu Oct 11 02:43:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

> I am using ubuntu 6.06 as operating system, the e mail feature is not working
> in my server the error in the log file is
>
> 2007-10-11 11:55:11,915 INFO  org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet @
> anonymous:session_id=7CBDA8042C27736FF48362A1D1056E8E:ip_addr=
> 10.1.1.6:error_emailing:email=shalib2 at gmail.com
> javax.mail.MessagingException: Unknown SMTP host:
> http://mail.vidyaacademy.ac.in  <http://mail.vidyaacademy.ac.in> ;

It looks like you have set your mail server to be
'http://mail.vidyaacademy.ac.in' in your dspace.cfg file

It should probably just be mail.vidyaacademy.ac.in (remove the http://)

All you need is the DNS name of an SMTP server.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860