[Dspace-general] redefine an url

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Tue Oct 2 13:58:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

Am 02.10.2007 um 13:55 schrieb Gay:

> i have an application using Dspace and tomcat.5  my URL is
> http://myserver.fr/dspace

Managed the ports issue - congrats.

> how can i do to access with the URL http://myserver.fr

There are several ways as is the case always.
The most simple solution usually used is to
rename the dspace.war to ROOT.war before
dropping it into the webapps dir. Obviously,
dspace.cfg has to be updated to the new url
as well and the app to be rebuild using
ant update. I guess ant init_configs is not
sufficient but I might be wrong. Then, there
are side effects. You have to remove the
default page of tomcat before doing so,
which implies creating bookmarks to places
such as the manager app in your browser
before removing this page. If you dont like
to rename the .war file every time you
update, you can change the build.xml section
with the build_wars target accordingly.
I use this solution and it works fine.
I was too lazy to fiddle with server.xml
and web.xml which would certainly be the
"clean" solution. The description assumes
that you are running tomcat without apache.
There should be more descriptions on how
to do this in the wiki. I guess I picked
this trick up there.

Bye, Christian