[Dspace-general] Dspace upload requirements

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Mon Nov 12 11:53:10 EST 2007

Hello,

Am 12.11.2007 um 17:09 schrieb Kalyan Upadhyaya:

> Can I upload just the metadata (e.g. paper summary, author, date)
> in the DSpace, or do I have to upload the whole paper ? I have this
> question as DSpace won’t allow me to complete an entry without
> browsing to (uploading) an actual file.
I have a hard to understand what it would be worth
to do so. After all, DSpace is about archiving and
not just creating a catalog. But I guess you can
add an arbitrary file or even an empty file,
finish your ingestion process and then change
your item. The workflow isnt considered then
and you should be able to remove the nonsense
bitstream, thus creating an item without media.

Bye, Christian