[Dspace-general] editing the Wiki

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Wed May 23 15:22:34 EDT 2007

To the DSpace Community,

Many of you have had issues editing the DSpace wiki over the last
several weeks unless you were promoted to "cadet" status.  I am happy
to say, thanks to the hard work of Alex Brennan, the problem has been
fixed for now.

Over the past several months the wiki needed to be locked down due to
spam issues.  We have now installed a captcha pass- so for a new
user, during registration, they must type in the funny looking
letters into a box to verify it is a real person. Once registered the
person has full edit capability.

For those of you who are already registered- your full editing
capability has been restored on the public pages.  If you had cadet
status- your system capabilities remain the same.

If you are still having issues or have questions on being able to
edit the site please send email to help at dspace.org.