[Dspace-general] DSpace and Simulations?

Carl Jones carlj at MIT.EDU
Mon May 21 13:56:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

We're looking at the possibility of adding visual simulations (3D and
otherwise) to our DSpace repository and I'm curious to know if anyone
else has considered or made progress in this area (or the area of
simulations more broadly speaking)?

Although not strictly visual, so far I've found a few examples of
simulations at Cornell which include software and supporting data files,
manuals, readme files, etc.  Again, I'm assuming the range of possible
objects that would come under the definition of simulation could be
quite broad.

Are there other examples out there? Issues you may have confronted,
metadata requirements, storage needs, intellectual property issues,
caveats, etc.

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Carl

Carl Jones
MIT Libraries