[Dspace-general] Wiki editing

Larry Stone lcs at MIT.EDU
Mon May 14 23:07:26 EDT 2007

> I was trying to add our DSpace instance to the wiki and discovered
> that that particular page is locked. I need a current DSpaceCadet to
> elevate me to that status. My username is d.askey.

You're already in the DSpaceCadet group, and you should haev had
permission to edit that page.  It had a special protection set on it,
and although the effect of that *should* have been to liberalize
the existing protections so anyone (including non-cadets) can edit the
page.

So try it now..

(and I agree with Alex about MediaWiki; the access controls are retrofitted
to a bad design and it's a complete mess.  but other wikis are even worse.)

    -- Larry