[Dspace-general] OAI Harvester plugin

Sam Alloing sam.alloing at gmail.com
Sat May 5 10:46:26 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to use the OAI Harvester plugin from Old Dominion
University <http://dspace.cs.odu.edu/>. I can harvest, but I can't do
"java dspace/cache". I get an error "Directory dc does not exist. End
of Caching". But there is a dc directory (and the dc directory
contains dc1/dublin_core.xml. The dublin_core.xml was empty and I
copied map.xml in dublin_core.xml).

Does anybody know a solution for this problem.

Thanks,

Sam

BTW: The source code of cache.class is:

    {
        File dir = new File("dc");
        if(!dir.exists()) {
            System.out.println("Directory DC does not exist");
            System.exit(1);
        }
        cache page = new cache();
        for(int id=1;;id++) {
            String path = new String();
            path = dir.getAbsolutePath() + File.separator + "dc" + id;
            File wdir = new File(path);
            if(!wdir.exists()) {
                System.out.println("Directory " + dir + " does not
exist. End of Caching");
                System.exit(0);
            }
            path = path + File.separator + "dublin_core.xml";
            File file = new File(path);
            if(!file.exists()) {
                System.out.println("File " +path + "does not exist.
Check Harvesting Code");
                System.exit(1);
            }
            path = "file://" + path;
            try {
            page.read(path);
            } catch(Exception e) {
                System.out.println("Exception in reading of File " + path);
            }
            for(int link=0; link<links;link++) {
                page.getCache(link,wdir);
            }