[Dspace-general] Value-Add Features request

Shawna Sadler ssadler at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jan 30 18:04:04 EST 2007

It was lovely meeting some of you at the conference in San Antonio, TX
last week. My Dspace spirits have been rejuvenated and I would like to
propose three features for future development, as requested by my local
faculty.

1. Statistics which are open, similar to E-Prints
http://eprints.rclis.org/stat/7192.html
- stats at all levels ie. Community, Sub-Community, Collection & File.

2. Citation Export to bibliographic software such as EndNote and RefWorks
- faculty have requested this so they can populate the "recent research"
section in their annual reports.

3. Embargoes for files
- we need this for theses and to satisfy granting agency requirements to
embargo for 6 months if required by the publisher.
- University of Maryland seems to have an elegant solution for embargoes
on Dspace.

I'm interested in hearing about requests from other faculties.

Thank you,
Shawna

--
Shawna Sadler