[Dspace-general] Using DSpace to

Mongi Sioud msioud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 11:45:35 EST 2007

Hi all,

I want to use Dspace to archive newsmagazines. A newsmagazine is a
collection aggregated by others collections. i.e. I have a collection for a
newsmagazine named ABC, this collection contains sub-collections ABC-1820,
ABC-1821, ABC-1821,... a sub-collection contains items ABC-1821-01-01,
ABC-1821-01-02,...   metadata are linked to collections, subcollections and
items. Item inherits metadata from its subcollection and collection and
subcollection inherits metadata from its collection.

Since Dspace model does not accept that a collection is composed by others
collection (like Community) and metadata are linked only to items (not
collection), please can you give me an idea how I can use DSpace to
implement this solution?

Thanks for helping.