[Dspace-general] Dublin core for patents?

Steve Thomas stephen.thomas at adelaide.edu.au
Mon Feb 26 23:00:47 EST 2007

Hi.

I've been asked to add patents to our submissions to DSpace, and this raises
a question:  where in Dublin core do I put the patent details? Specifically,
I have "country", "owner" and "patent number", and I'm not at all sure where
I should put them.

I could of course create new elements/qualifiers to hold these, but .

If anyone else has done anything with patents, I'd like to know what
element/qualifiers you used for these fields.

Thanks,

Steve

Stephen Thomas,

Senior Systems Analyst,

University of Adelaide Library

UNIVERSITY OF ADELAIDE SA 5005 AUSTRALIA

Phone: +61 8 830 35190

Fax: +61 8 830 34369

Email: stephen.thomas at adelaide.edu.au

CRICOS Provider Number 00123M

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No
representation is made that this email or any attachments are free of
viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the
recipient.