[Dspace-general] Collections Budget

Shawna Sadler ssadler at ucalgary.ca
Fri Feb 23 12:35:59 EST 2007

Hi David,
Oh that is interesting!!! Collections paying for publishers to make an
article Open Access... that's terrible.  I can't imagine the
Collections' budget paying a publisher twice for a single article (once
for the normal subscription and then an additional charge for Open Access).

We had a similar request, but thank goodness I have good relations with
our Collections department and they sent this faculty member to me.  I
wonder if publishers are encouraging this? Does anyone know?

Shawna

Shawna Sadler
Coordinator, Digital Initiatives
Libraries & Cultural Resources