[Dspace-general] Question for the Librarians

Shawna Sadler ssadler at ucalgary.ca
Thu Feb 22 10:45:14 EST 2007

Hello Librarians and other people who communicate with faculty on campus.

Has anyone else received backlash from their faculty about this new push
for mandatory deposit of federally funded research?

I have one journal editor on campus who is absolutely irate. His journal
is with Lippincott Williams which of course has the most conservative of
policies when it comes to institutional repositories. I was presenting
our IR to the faculty and my presentation turned into an open access debate.

Are any of you taking a proactive stance on the matter, or just waiting
for the dust to settle and ready to accept research when everyone has
calmed down? I haven't decided yet and would like to hear how you are
approaching this issue on campus.

Thanks,
Shawna

--