[Dspace-general] Fwd: Open Forum for Metadata Registries 2007 - Call for Participants

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 15 16:57:34 EST 2007

For anyone interested

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Gillman, Daniel - BLS" <Gillman.Daniel at bls.gov>
> Date: February 15, 2007 4:06:17 PM EST
> To: <iasst-l at columbia.edu>
> Subject: Open Forum for Metadata Registries 2007 - Call for
> Participants

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C75145.223E20EB
>
> Dear IASSIST'ers,
> =20
> Attached below is the call for participation for a metadata conference
> in New York this summer.  I hope to see you there.
> =20
> Regards,
> Dan
> =20
> Dan Gillman
> OFMR 2007 Conference Chair
> =20
> Bureau of Labor Statistics
> Office of Survey Methods Research
> 2 Massachusetts Ave, NE
> Washington, DC 20212 USA
> Tel     +1.202.691.7523
> FAX    +1.202.691.7426
> Email  Gillman_D at BLS.Gov
> =20
> ------------------------
> =20
>
> This announcement is being distributed to numerous lists. Apologies
> for
> duplication. Please feel free to distribute this to others who
> might be
> interested.
>
> =20
>
> CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
>
> =20
>
> INTEGRATING STANDARDS IN PRACTICE:=20
>
> 10th Open Forum on Metadata Registries
>
> New York City, NY  USA
>
> 9 - 11 July 2007
>
> =20
>
> =20
>
> This Open Forum is the tenth annual forum in a series of international
> conferences about topics related to metadata, registries,
> interoperability, and semantics. It will focus on a series of core
> standards as well as on the selection, integration and use of multiple
> standards in actual systems.  The central goal of the Open Forum is to
> share and advance knowledge and experience about standards, the
> technologies that build upon them, and implementation experiences. =20
>

> The following standards will be discussed:
>
> =20
>
> Data Semantics:       ISO/IEC 11179 (Metadata Registries)
>
> Terminology:             ISO 704 (Principles of Terminology)
>
>                                      ISO 1087-1 (Vocabulary for
> terminology work)
>
>                                      ISO/TC 37/SC 4 (Language
> Resources
> Management)
>
> Interoperability:         ISO/IEC 19763 (Framework for Metamodel
> Interoperability)
>
>                                      ISO/IEC 20944
> (Interoperability and
> bindings)
>
> =20
>
> We will also discuss other standards from ISO such as Data Categories
> (12620), Geographic Metadata (19115), and Topic Maps (13250), and
> [...]

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology