[Dspace-general] shining stars anyone?

Ingrid Mason Ingrid.Mason at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Feb 7 21:27:30 EST 2007

Hi there,

I have been trawling the 'net to find an example of an academic, who has
deposited research outputs in an institutional repository and then
linked to these records in the repository (using the handles or even the
URL for the fulltext file) from their personal webpage.  I have been
somewhat surprised to find that academics, that are also enthusiastic
depositors of their research outputs, still seem to be pointing to
locally stored fulltext files, rather than linking to and using the
handles (or URL for the fulltext file) in a repository that they have
deposited their papers in.  Is this because they simply don't have time
to rewrite their webpages?

Does anyone have a shining star that they use to illustrate that this is
a great (and simple) means of highlighting their works within their
personal webpages?  Are there academics around the place that have taken
this opportunity up?

The only example I could find that vaguely fits this category is the
Otago Eprints repository, with a single link from the School of
Business' website to their eprints repository:
http://www.business.otago.ac.nz/com/research/index.html

There are examples of collections of academic's works within
repositories, does anyone have a few shining stars in this manner too?

Examples (and insights) welcomed.

Cheers, Ingrid

Ingrid Mason

Digital Research Repository Coordinator

New Zealand Electronic Text Centre, University Library

Victoria University of Wellington

P O Box 600, Wellington 6140

New Zealand = Aotearoa

ph: 64-4-463 6844

fx: 64-4-04 463 6059

em: ingrid.mason at vuw.ac.nz <mailto:ingrid.mason at vuw.ac.nz>

ws: www.vuw.ac.nz <http://www.vuw.ac.nz/>

Location: Kelburn Campus, Rankin Brown, 501A

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential
and intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are asked to respect that confidentiality and not
disclose, copy or make use of its contents. If received in error you are
asked to destroy this email and contact the sender immediately. Your
assistance is appreciated.