[Dspace-general] academic paper review

Will Cameron novawcameron at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 08:52:21 EST 2007

  Hello,

      I am a graduate  student at Villanova University and I am completing a 2 page paper on  DSpace functionality and design decisions for JCDL (Joint Conference on  Digital Libraries) 2007 as part of a digital library research group NSF  grant between Villanova University and Virginia Tech.  The paper  describes the lessons learned of a port of an existing digital library  to DSpace.
 To ease the transition of existing collections to  DSpace, we recommend multiple collection mapping capability at import  time, the automatic import of e-persons and community/collection  taxonomies, as well as the manipulation of existing communities.   We were wondering whether someone on the DSpace team could perhaps  provide a quick read through and feedback, for the paper is due on  Monday Feb. 5th 2007.   I apologize for the short notice, any  review assistance would be greatly appreciated.

  Thank you,
  Will Cameron