[Dspace-general] Red Hat installations

Larry Stone lcs at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 14 15:22:19 EST 2007

>    My IT manager would like to know if anyone out there is running an =
> older version of Red Hat that was working with a fully Red Hat Enterprise =
> License (RHEL) supported base?  We are aware of the entry in the wiki =

I run my development and test environments on RHEL AS 4, and have no
problems with the OS.  However, I install the rest of the software stack
manually:
- Postgres 8.2.x from the binary RPMs on http://www.postgresql.org/
  (there's one little protection glitch in 8.2.5 -- note you need these:)
    postgresql-8.2.5-1PGDG.rhel4
    postgresql-libs-8.2.5-1PGDG.rhel4
    postgresql-server-8.2.5-1PGDG.rhel4
- Java 1.6 from Sun (java.sun.com)
- Tomcat 5.5 direct from its online distro http://tomcat.apache.org/
- maven from http://maven.apache.org/download.html

You'll need apache httpd as well, which ought to be available as an RPM
from redhat.  I've had no problems, but my sites don't get a lot of traffic..

    -- Larry